About Me

My photo
Webletes is your source for High School / Junior College recruiting. Looking to play at the next level? Create your profile on Webletes now!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Recruiting Story: Pat Curran


Here's my recruiting story:

Somewhere around springtime of my junior year, I decided I was going
to be a Division 1 football player. I told my coach I did not want to
talk to any coaches that were not from a D-1 school. I did this for
two reasons. First, I wanted to play at the highest level. And two, I
did not want to waste any more coaches’ time recruiting me. My mind
was made up, and I was going to make this happen.

After that decision, I was only talking to three schools; Bowling
Green, Kent St. and UMass. This made recruiting fairly easy for me. I
wanted to go to Kent St. or BG. UMass seemed too far for away. So
going into my senior season, I was down to two colleges. Unlike today,
college camps were not a big deal. The senior evaluation camps did not
come about often and attendance numbers were no where near where they
are now.

Senior year was another strong one for me and yet again recruiting was
heating up. More D-2 and D-3 schools were coming in trying to see me,
but Coach Ryan (my head coach) would tell them I was not interested.
Kent St. and BG stayed on me and both offered me a walk-on position on
their football teams. By no means was I satisfied, but it was my only
hope of making my dreams come true. So in the fall of 2002, I became a
preferred walk-on at Bowling Green State University.

Webletes.com

pc

No comments:

Post a Comment